164 Questions

Three questions on which you may be able to help.

1) My parts CD for the 164, running on Windows ME, refuses to read most of
the graphics. I remember someone having this problem with Windows 98. The
reader for the graphic files must be proprietary and cannot be opened, it
seems, by any other graphics program. Any ideas?

2) The speedometer switch (transducer?) on my (standard) transmission has
given up. The local shop ordered a replacement and eventually received what
appears to be the correct part number, 0060800458. The original part is all
metal with two electrical terminals and was made by Jaeger The replacement
has three terminals, is plastic and of a different design and manufacturer,
Vergia if memory serves me properly. Does anyone know if the "replacement"
is incorrect or needs modification?

3) There should be a ground wire going to the temperature sensor on the
thermostat. That wire has disappeared and the shop has rigged another
ground. Where does the wire originate? From one of the wiring harnesses
probably but which one? It is strange that the original ground wire cannot
be located.

  Ted, Vancouver, 1991 164S