Re Scooters

Hi Dan,  I am in the middle (actually Almost Done) Restoration of a 81 Vespa
P200E. I stripped the bike and blasted the uni-body
and panels and had a $600 paint job put on it. I've replaced all the rubber
and all the wiring and a lot of bits and pieces. It has been a real pleasure
doing this as the parts are sooo cheap. I would defiantly go with a vespa
although the Lambrettas are wicked cool
they are not quite as reliable as Vespas and the parts can be difficult to
find. Although the older bikes are very classy the P200's
have electronic ignition, Parts are plentiful and they'll run around 70MPH
(on 10" wheels WEEEEEE). Complete Engine rebuilds
run around $200-300. Take a look at www.scooterworks.com  and
www.scooterpartsdirect.com for an idea on part pricing.

Try to find one quick cuz they are increasing in value monthly.

Ciao
Curt Norheim
Huntsville, AL
91 164L
83 GTV6
81 Vespa P200E (re-living my youth,Had a Rally 150 as a teen) (should have
kept it worth 10 times what I sold it for)