Windows '89

The driver's side power window on my '89 Spider has begun screaming like a
Banshee when I raise and lower it, and both upward and downward progress has
slowed to a crawl. Seems to work a bit better when the door is ajar. Motor
seems to be pulling strong. Is the glass itself out of alignment, causing
the screech? I have both a brand-new motor and regulator supplied by the
P.O. when I bought the car, but he said he got them when he thought he had a
problem with the passenger-side window. Could either of these parts be used
on the left side should I need them?
Thanks in advance.

Mike Trimble
Denton, Texas