Cam Graphing-Identifying

I have been trying to identify a set of new looking, but unmarked cams
that I have by graphing one (via lathe/dial indicator) and comparing it
to the graphs in Jim Kartalamakis' book. My results are . . . odd. The
lift and duration match several cams but not the profiles. If anyone has
tried to do this, or has *credible* info on identifying cams, please
email me off line.

Thanks.

Tom Lesko
Hingham, MA, usa