Re: Exhaust rattle

Stacy,
I had a similar rattle developing on my '90 Spider.  At certain RPM's and
only when backing off the gas to shift, I would get the "tin can" sound that
you described.  I, too, thought that it was under the driver's seat and
first suspected the cat as well.  However, I found my problem to be the
connection between the center muffler section and the rear muffler section.
That junction is just above the rear axle.  A nut had backed off a bolt and
in was just hanging there and rattling intermittently in it's hole.  A very
simple fix.
Check it all the way to the tailpipe and see what you find.
Good luck,
Rex McInvale
'90 Spider
Macon, GA