Re: 164 tire wear

Paul,

I put Dunlop D60-A2s on my '95 LS about 28k miles ago. I rotated them a
couple of times max and wore out the fronts in about 20k with about 5k
left on the rears.

I had bought a warranty with the tires and was given credit for the
tires not lasting 40k against the current version of the same tire, the
SP A2. For the continuing warranty I am being bullied into rotating
every 5k miles which I wouldn't normally do. I'm sure it will put off by
a little the evil day of the mileage warranty for them but, about 8k
later I don't expect these tires to have a significantly longer lifespan
than the D60s.

If I were to drive slower round bends and corners, I'm sure I could
extend the tire life further but, if I wanted to do that, I could have
bought a Camry.

Against the short life I have found they do handle well in wet and dry
SoCal driving, are quiet and give a good ride. I think the price is in
the low $70s a cover (before mounting) depending on where you buy.

Nicky