Alfasud 1.2 & UK Sales figures Update

Just occasionally something interesting pops up on the Autotrader site and
today I found a 1977 Alfasud 1.2 in metallic silver with only 25,000 miles on
it and looking in very good condition from the photo. Asking price #700 , (
just over $1000 US ) Looks a bargain for someone as they are pretty rare these
days.

Lifting my sales info from the excellent AROC(UK) magazine. Total Alfa Romeo
sales for October 2000 was 790 units. Total sales October 2001 was 2,054, an
increase of 160% with the year to date increase standing at 84% from 7,376
units in 2000, to 12,967 so far in 2001.

It has been pointed out that monthly sales are now achieving figures that were
once difficult to achieve for annual sales. The trend is excellent and
underpins my feeling that whatever you may think of modern Alfa Romeo, the
fact is that they are proving very popular and clearly taking sales off the
likes of  BMW and Audi, which is quite an achievment, particularly as one
reads of the shenanigans at FIAT.

Before I get carried away, Alfa Romeo really need to be aiming at 20,000
annual UK sales at least. This now looks a real possibility for next year as
the 147 is going down better than anyone would have dared expect. The extra
money spent on a higher quality interior is certainly paying off in terms of
showroom appeal it would seem.

Have a good Christmas or holiday everyone, and may I wish everyone the very
best for the coming year.

Tim Hancock    164TS Lusso   Boston UK