Re: alfa-digest V8 #312 - Exhaust Coatings

In a message dated 12/21/2001 12:38:10 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:05:30 EST
> From: Xpertcool@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: alfa-digest V8 #309
>
> In a message dated 12/19/2001 11:02:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
>

> > I also had the headers and downpipes HPC treated, which makes for much
> > cooler underhood temps.
> >

> Hi Brian-
>
> Is that the same thing as Jetcoat treatment that I have heard about?

       More or less the same process as I understand it.  Any powder coating
firm might offer similar processes.  The major difference will probably be in
the quality of preparation (sand or glass bead blasting) done on the part.
       The 74 exhaust manifolds on my 82 spider were done by HPC about 6
years and 12,000 miles ago.  They are just starting to show a bit of rust on
a couple of sharp edges in the casting.
       HPC is at: http://www.hpcoatings.com/  Jet Hot is at:
http://www.jet-hot.com/

Ciao,