----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided>
Jorge said:

> Snip> > Second, yes the GTV makes a great track car.  You need to update
bushings,
> suspension components, wheels and tires, and you are set.
> There are many GTV's giving their owners the biggest grins at the track.

Then Brian said:
<<I'm not convinced that an 'upgrade' to wheels or other suspension
components
is 'necessary' for a fun time on the track.
<snip>
The older I get, the more I subscribe to the Herzman/Grinch approach to
Alfas - there's nothing wrong with skinny tires, and in fact the ride
characteristic has a certain quality to it that some might find preferable
to the "stuff as much rubber under the fender as you possibly can"
approach.>>