Subject: Stock GTV okay for track?

Jeez, about 6 years ago three of us took a stock, beater '74 GTV to the
track (Portland Int'l Raceway), stuck some sticky R compound tires
w/turbinas on it and proceeded to have the time of our lives.  Couldn't
believe how well that car stuck and ran.   These cars ain't a Lotus Elan,
they are middleweights and quite robust.  I know the little BMW's are the
same.  My only beef with them is the rather boring dashboards.  Doesn't lend
itself to the racy feeling the Alfa does.

Carry on!

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
NWARC