The 33

In Digest 302, Keith wrote (in reply to concerns about possible problems
with the twin double-choke carbs on Alfa 33) :
"Those 2 carbs can be ignored. Once set up they dont go out of tune (on my
1988 1.7 Sportwagon the carbs were not set up between 40000 and 100000
miles)."

Yes, I'd agree. We've had years of Alfasuds with the two twin-choke
downdraught Webers or Dellortos like the 33, and it's true, they're very
stable and you don't need to touch them once they're set up.  The Sud carbs
would be as stable and trouble-free as the side-draught Webers or Dellortos
on our other Alfas.

Best regards,
Graham,
N.Z.