Overheating 164, Non-buzzing 82 Spider

Glenn Wasserman wrote:

> I am having a problem with my '94 164Q. For the first time, the car
> overheated yesterday morning. I was not a hot day.

Please check to see if the fan relay is working.  Mine wasn't, and it cost
me a blown head gasket on my 164S, only a few hundred miles into a
replacement engine.  The kind of thing that tests your Alfa love.

Also--

Subject: Re: 82 Spider - Headlight Buzzer?

> I own an 82 Spider Veloce.  Can someone with a similar model tell me if
this
> car is supposed to have a headlight buzzer

Brad,

My 84 does not....

Nick
Apex, NC

Nor does my 82.  But we do have the lights-on indicator light.  My 80 Spider
was my first car with an indicator light.  Others simply had a light to tell
you your brights were on.  I thought the green indicator light was a
wonderful innovation.  Guess I'm a simple sole, easy to please.

Happy holidays to Fred and all,
Steve Morgan, leaving Atlanta, bound for Wilburton, Okla., via Dallas and
Ft. Smith
Yeehah!