Re: 164 overheated!!

Glenn:
Our 164 L automatic '91 model, used to do that in the rain. The serpentine
belt (alternator would slow / slip and the water pump too) driving 90 miles
at night in the rain would cause dim lights (wipers, & AC and other
electrical drains were too much for reduced alternator output.)

The belt would squeal occasionally during these episodes. One Sunday morning
on vacation in Georgia, a short trip to church caused a gallon and a half
coolant loss. Never any sign of where the coolant went also.  We got the
belt replaced and tightened and never had the problem again.

YMMV, Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX