Re: spider steering box oil & digest contributions

The 1986-88 shop manual says "Bring the oil level up  to the inner lip of the
corresponding hole" ...... which I take it to mean the filler hole.   Shell
Spirax 90W90HD 4.23 oz total.

> From: Dan Runk <danrunk@domain.elided>
> Subject: spider steering box oil & digest contributions
>
> I noticed my Spider was handling rough the last time I
> drove it -- when I would go into a hard S-curve, I
> would make my hard right then left and as I came out
> of the turn the car would make it own dampened S-turns
> (pulling a bit each way).  I was looking this morning
> and noticed the steering gear box has no drain plug in
> it! (This is a car I bought recently.)  So my
> questions are:  Should the oil level be to the top of
> that box?

Carl R. Davis
Daily: Milano 3.0, 4th series Spider
Fun: 750F, GTV-2000
Projects: 750E, Guilia SS, 1750 Boattail
Parts: 101 Sprints, Guilia Spider
Tow: Jeep