Re: Stebro

In a message dated 12/16/01 6:22:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mdanning@domain.elided writes:

> I have never dealt with Stebro, but I have had similar
> experiences with other vendors (Alfa and not).
>
> IMHO, there is no excuse for a supplier, no matter how
> "small" and "independent" to charge a credit card
> before the item is shipped, unless the item is a
> "special order" and the terms are spelled out before
> hand.
>
> Whether Mr. Chen received his exhaust system or not
> should not determine whether his anger and
> disappointment are justified.
>
> I would not recommend a vendor who had treated me the
> way Mr. Chen says he was treated if the product
> ultimately arrived plated with gold and encrusted with
> diamonds; likewise, I wouldn't expect a vendor to
> "recommend" me as a customer if my check bounced, and
> I was unwilling to own up to my mistake.
>
> That a customer/supplier relationship is a business
> relationship doesn't mean that each shouldn't be
> treated with courtesy and respect.
>
> Matt

Absolutely dead-on. Stebro has clearly failed many of us, and those whose
experiences were more positive should feel very lucky. When waiting for my
own order I was clearly mislead; it was not just a case of poor customer
service, but an attempt to charge now and deliver later without my consent.
And what happened to the Bora owner crossed far into the realm of fraud.
There's no excusing that sort of behavior from a business. I've been
wondering for a long time when the issue of Stebro would surface on the
digest. Caveat Emptor.
Happy Holidays,
Paul Mitchell