re: Alfa Romeo Mention in WSJ

"BTW, did anyone here catch the documentary?  They're supposed to have
one on Northern Italy as well."

I believe I saw the show you are talking about.  'Visions of Italy:
Southern Style'.  Is that the one you watched?  I was very impressed
with the filming & incredible beauty of the southern Italian coastline.
My favorite bit was one particular shot near the coast & they were
talking about Italy's wonderful autostradas.  Then, they zoom in a bit
(birds eye view, probably from a helicopter) as they are following a car
driven con brio.  I think I got that right ;-)  Anyway, this car is
heading into a high speed left hand sweeper over a bridge & as he passes
the car ahead, another one approaches.  The passing car is obviously at
a very high rate of speed compared to the rest of the cars on the road.
No worries though folks, the car being passed & the oncoming car just
moved a bit to the shoulder to make 3 lanes out of two!  Beautiful
stuff.

Reminds me of driving Luca's 75 Turbo.  We were behind a small car on a
two lane road.  He said, "what are you doing"  I gave him a look of
"huh?"  He just said, "pass, over take him!  Just flash the lights &
go!!"  I dropped it a gear, flashed the brights & the waters parted.  I
mean as soon as my fingers lifted from the headlight switch the car was
moving over.  We were building up a nice head of steam (and boost!) &
getting ready to blow by this person when an oncoming car was nearing
very quickly.  At first I was going to slow down & wait until we passed
each other.  Then I remembered I was not at home & drivers were much
more skilled & aware in Europe.  We made 2 lanes out of 3 as well ;-)
Thanks for the seat time Luca!!

Ciao,
Zach
Redmond, WA