Re: Flushing an engine block

I attended an engine building seminar way back in the
70's put on by a SCCA region in Ohio, the instructor's
name now escapes me. I learned that when you pick up
your block, head and crank at the machine shop, you
stop on your way home at a carwash and flush every
orifice, galley, waterjacket, etc.. out with high
pressure water. I flush this high pressure water thru
the block galleys, crank galleys, and head galleys. I
then blow it dry at home with compressed air and spray
some WD40 on the parts for corrosion prior to
assembly. Machine shops are not always very sanitary
places and shavings from milling and boring can get
all thruout your block. I have practiced this pressure
washing for years and have never had a failure as you
have described.

John Holliday
Lancaster, PA
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com