barefooting

In a message dated 12/12/2001 11:24:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> And that heatshield should be there with asbestos and all. I do beleive that
> it is screwed on with metal screws. I have brand new floorpans, too so I am
> also SOL and it gets hot there so barefooted driveinf is not recommended.
>
> Ciao belli
>
> Henrik

I know this was a light comment, but in fact it is against the law to drive
barefooted in CA!  I know this because once upon a time a friend of mine
inspired the ire of a member of the constabulary and when the officer noted
his shoeless condition but couldn't put the screws to him for any other
offense, he ticketed the schlimazel for being barefoot at the wheel!

If yo have never tried this in an Alfa, it is not something worth risking
your good reputation over: once I was washing the GTV6 barefoot and hopped in
to move it back into the garage w/o footgear.  Something you don't even think
about: the pressure on your foot it takes to depress the clutch, suddenly
bursts to the fore when there's nothing to cushion the force.  Luckily, there
is a wide range of Italian shoes ideal for the purpose!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA <frosty!