Re: Solex carbs

If you want to ditch them - send them my way.  I have a 79 Euro Alfetta GTV
with dual solex carbs.  It is the sweetest carb setup in my stable that also
includes Weber DCOE and in the past Dellortos.  Sometimes I don't start the
car with Solex carbs for months.  I get in, pump the accelerator pedal a
couple times, turn the key and the car always fires to life and idles
perfectly everytime.  I've never had to rebuild them and they are 100%
original going back to 1979!  The car sat for years before I purchased it
from the original owner- a little carb cleaner squirted in the throats and
the car came back to life.  Can't say the same for any Webers of Dellortos
I've had - let them sit a couple years with gas in them and you are looking
at total teardown and rebuild.  Also I drove the car from Florida to Texas
(640 miles) back in 1998 at a constant 80 mph and averaged over 30 mpg.  I'm
a big fan of the Solex 40DDH carbs.

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas

 iIn a message dated 12/13/01 1:24:48 AM Central Standard Time,