re: radio antennae

Well my '82 has never had an antenna per se, and I've never been able
to justify spending $7 on one, so during the summer I hook the radio
up to the rear defroster grid, and it provides what is easily the
best radio reception I've heard in a car.  If you live in a climate
where the rear defroster never gets used, you might want to try this
as a permanent solution.