Re: A short

To the digest---see??? that's why FRED is the advisor, not I>

Fred--you are absolutely correct--so I'm forwarding this to the list as
a much easier way for a novice to do it--thanks.

--- Ferdinando Di Matteo <aroctek@domain.elided> wrote:

> Alan, the advice to use a VOM to track, (TRACE?) a circuit is not
> much
> help to a novice.   I just happened to see your reply so I don't know
> who  is in trouble.   The heavy current draw might be from the
starter
> circuit, possibly a stuck stater solenoid with jammed starter, the
> alternator shorted diodes, the battery cable crossing over the cross
> member to starter has worn through to ground, most likely!  THEN WITH
> A  LARGE BULB IN SERIES WITH THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CLAMP, if it no  >
longer lights, the circuit is clear.  To determine if the cable to the
> starter is grounded, disconnect it at both ends.  Have the guy
inspect > that  cable very carefully along its full length.  Fred

=====
Best Regards,

Alan Lambert
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com