Re: MIG Welding and Electronics

I've seen it argued both ways, to remove the - battery cable and some
say not to.

What is important is where and how you connect the ground cable.   Make
sure you connect it as close as possible to where you are welding, and
make sure it is making good contact.  The current is going to take the
path of least resistance (literally) and you don't want that path to go
through anything with bearings or through the electrical harness.

Keep that in mind and you should have no problems at all.   There are a
million muffler shops welding on cars every day... I'm sure they never
bother disconnecting the battery or anything else.

	--Mark