Fitting engine into Alfetta GT

In V8 #273 Zach asks: Hey folks, I'm nearing the big moment:  will be
dropping the motor into the Alfetta here real soon, hopefully this
weekend.  I'm wondering if I should have the driveshaft in place prior
(it's currently out of the car) or would it be easier to install the
motor then put the driveshaft in place?  Also, does anyone have Alfetta
GT downpipes for the euro
exhaust manifolds?

Unless there are those who know something I don't, I Strongly suggest
you install engine, then the driveshaft.

I won't say it is impossible to do, but it is an absolute bear to get
the engine over the steering 'box' (gear) and then line up the studs on
the yoke to the holes on the front donut.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA