Re: I need help (alfa vs mini?) (also porsche ramble)

hi henry (whoever the hell *you* are!)  ;~)

try an '89-90 suzuki swift gt - ~1800 lbs, 1.3l 16v motor w/100hp stock.  i owned one of these for a couple years - an absolute hoot.  similar concept to a mini, prolly more reliable...  it was *begging* for mods...  ;~)  or, spend big money & get a ford focus svt when they come out this spring...

regards,

doug s.

btw, continuing w/off-topic info - forget about porsche's past; porsche's future is *history*, imo, & it's due to their suv wenture - an "off-road excursion", as it were...  ;~)  whatever the result of this wenture, it means failure for porsche - if they fail, well, they fail - say goodby to porsche - i dunno if they could survive this type of marketplace failure w/o financial *help*.  if they succeed?  well, they *still* fail - say goodby to porsche as we know it - if they remain after a suv success, it will be in name only...
   This is exactly what I'm thinking.  The reason why I'm looking is because I
   miss the city driving fun of my Alfa Spider.  I used to love dodging in and
   out of traffic, whipping around corners (please no flames about
   irresponsible driving).  The traffic in my city gets worse and worse all the
   time.  To get into any sort of wide open countryside, where one can enjoy a
   GT car, I have to drive 45 minutes.  Small, nimble and go-kart-like is good
   for me.  I'm just wondering about build quality and reliability.  I know
   British cars are notorious for spending too much time in the shop.