re: I need help (alfa vs mini?)

Doug

Without a doubt, the Mini is the most fun you can legally (and almost
safely) have on the road - that and maybe a Lotus 7. They are also stupidly
quick if you sort them out. In Historic racing in the UK (I think it's
classed Vintage in US), the Mini Coopers leave the Alfas so far behind it's
sad. Even GTAs and Ti Supers are left messing about at the back whilst the
Minis mix it up (and often win) at the front with lightweight Jaguar
specials, hot Mustangs etc.

I have a Giulia Super with 2.0 and LSD, a 75 QV with about 220bhp and a
plain, 998cc Mini that has no overt sporting pretensions whatsoever. The
Mini wins the grins stake every time. What it must be like to tool about in
a road-race Mini with 100bhp, straight-cut gearbox, decent brakes etc, I
can't wait to find out one day.

They may not look as sexy, not sound anywhere near as evocative and ride
like shit (Tim, you idiot, you go around the big bumps, not over them!! :-/)
but when it comes to scrabbling your way around town or the race track,
Minis piss all over Alfas, and a lot of other things, too.

As for mixing it with Detroit iron and the average American driver, however,
I think you are asking for trouble but you already have 2 bikes so I can't
make you worry, can I?

Oh and one other thing, Minis are built so poorly, they make Alfas look like
Mercedes Benz.

nk