Re: Davies Craig Electric Water Pump

I was ready to buy one of these electric water pumps from their US
distributor when I chanced upon an online Australian car magazine with
an article about the pump last July. The article said they had intended
to run a review of the pump, but had encountered threatened legal action
by the manufacturer if they printed the review, which contained
unspecified negative information. I e-mailed the magazine, whose guarded
response was that they had major problems caused by the pump that they
couldn't talk about under threat of a lawsuit.

I discussed the pump with my mechanic who thought it sounded like a
great thing for a drag car or racer who needed to keep the car cool only
at specific times. I wanted to use it to replace the mechanical pump on
my 164S, which gets very hot sitting in traffic on summer days. The
mechanic speculated that the additional pressure exerted by the pump's
dramatically increased water flow could have unknown effects on the
integrity of the cooling system.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA