Re:Need an Alfa in my life

"If you had $20,000, what Alfa would you buy?  I owned a '90 Spider until
last spring and I miss it.  I need to get back into the Alfa fold but I want
something more distinctive, a little (or a lot) older but still as quick and
tossable as the Spider.  Maybe something that can handle a little track
driving.  Suggestions?  Hardtop is okay...I found a '65 2600 Spider on the
web, reasonably close to home, good condition.  What are they like?"

Henry,

Regarding the 2600, I've heard they're not sports cars.  The reviews I've
read say they're more of a top down touring car (no pun intended).  I've
never driven one, so I could be 100% wrong.

For $20k, I'd recommend a 105 GTV with a hot 2 litre engine.  They're a
blast to drive, incredibly distinctive, and you'll get more attention in
this than in a 308 Ferrari.  Also, you can get a nice one for around $10k.
Then you can take the rest of your cache of cash and invest it into the
sagging tech market.  Level 3 is my personal favorite (and yes I do have
financial interest).

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV