another (mostly) off-topic question (EFI)

So I'm planning on replacing the valvestem seals in my GTV6 (Alfa
content) over the first couple of weeks of the new year.  Due to the
fact that I live in Ohio, this will have to be done indoors, so I'll
have to kick my parents cars out of the garage.  My parents have
cleverly demanded that I fix the '87 Jag (which currently doesn't
start if the temp is <20F) first if I plan on kicking it out of the
garage for a week or so.  So....what do we know about Lucas EFI?  As
far as I can tell it's an exact copy of Bosch L-Jet.  Aside from bad
connections in general, what could cause this problem on such a
system?  All I can think of is a bad coolant temp sensor.  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe Elliott