re: SOS on CA driving - thanks

Thanks so much to those of you who sent help for me to forward to my mom.
If I didn't respond to each of you, then I apologize; it was
unintentional. I must have received at least a dozen responses. Bless
your very big hearts!

You advised me against I-5, so I convinced her to head over to the coast
road Hwy 101. She just called me from Arcada. Not only did she not
encounter snow or rain, but there were periodic sunbreaks and going
through the wine country on Hwy 128 was apparently very enjoyable. Even
the doggie had a good time. &:-) I guess we'll have to save the snowy
roads for a Quattro day. Oops! Wrong digest. &:-)

I'll share a couple of tips that came my way: From any phone in CA you can
call CalTrans, speak the name of the Hwy and get a current road report
(you can also check the website and type in the Hwy at
www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo). CalTrans is (800) 427-7623. (they have an out
of state phone number but I managed not to write it down.) Also Trip Check
for Oregon: www.tripcheck.com is OR State Dept of Transportation, (800)
977-6368 for current road conditions.

You guys are very very special. Thank you.

Tess
in Seattle, WA and p.s. I'm using a borrowed machine; I suspect I may have
been the victim of a virus (it's just too much of a coincidence) although
I haven't opened anything to my knowledge...