Re: Wiper Arm Hitting Hood On 164

Thanks to all who responded off-line to my post regarding the wiper arm
pulling loose and hitting the underside of the hood on my 164. I went to
my friend's shop and used his grinder to remove some metal from the
piece, and tightened it down as far as seemed reasonable. As far as
bending the part, it's cast metal, and would likely snap if bent in a
vise cold. I'll hit it with some flat black rust-proofing paint later
tonight.

Someone suggested adding a washer or two above the arm and/or adding a
washer to the hood hinge on that side to provide clearance. If my
grinding didn't do the trick, I try those options later.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA
AROC