Re: Clutch rebuilds

My '73 GTV's clutch has recently started to slip under heavy throttle &
load.  Bummer, 'cause I sure won't pull the trans to do it until next
spring.  I've had the car 18 months, and put on about 10K.  This is the
best feeling clutch I've ever had and still feels very good: smooth & not
heavy.  However, I've always noticed it releases at top of pedal travel,
even after adjustment on the pedal linkage.

  Questions:

Any way to diagnose a disk vs pressure plate problem?

If the clutch slips under heavy throttle, will it be slipping a little all
the time and ruin the pressure plate?

I plan to nurse the car through daily commutes as long as possible...

BTW, I usually take my clutches to a local rebuilder who relines the disk,
and can replace the diaphragm spring if necessary.

//kct
~~~~~~~~