Sebring

The Alfa GT-2 car performed flawlesly, and I kept it on the track, during the
3 race weekend at Sebring.  We used the 3.70 mile 18 turn, Long Course, where
we had the Track Record after the SARRC race their last year.  Dropped the
record by more than 7 seconds to 2.35.007 in the Sunday SARRC race.  Nice to
start the 2002 season with wins!  The new close ratio short course box made
the improvement so drastic, although the weather was better than last year
when I had to use the long course "Daytona" box, that had a 5th gear that was
not useable at Sebring.
The "new" Yellow & Black paint scheme, a result of the damage at Roebling in
September, got favorable comments, but the removal of one of the fuel cells
to reduce weight will have to be rethunk, as I ran out of fuel pulling into
impound after the race, the last half ran conseratively due to fuel worries
that proved justified.