Re: 91 Spider Air Bag Codes

In a message dated 11/25/01 5:35:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>  Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:02:41 EST
>  From: Wiskas42@domain.elided
>  Subject: 91 spider air bag codes
>
>  Hello,
>  My airbag light came on the other day while driving. Iretrieved the codes
>  16,25,26 Does anyone know what these codes mean. I thought my car disc had
>  this info but it does not.
>  Thank you,Tony

The air bag CD does tell you what these codes are under the heading " '93-'94
 Technical Bulletins", they refer to the "Fender Sensor Wiring" faults.  I
suspect that resetting the bloody air bag unit as also described in the Tech
Bulletins and the video would be enough to fix it as it is likely to be an
intermittent fault, but then again maybe not!  Try it anyway, no harm done.
If you put a toggle switch on the jumper described in the CD it makes it
easier to time and perform the three second on-off bits in the resetting
process-

John Maclay
'64 2600 Spider
'91 164L