Re: clutch replacement

Bruce,
	It has nothing to do with balance.  The pressure plate is independently
balanced (at least on the 105/115 series, I'm not to sure about the transaxle
Alfas).
	The clutch disc and throwout bearing are probably so light and small
that they are inherently balanced just from the manufacturing process.  I don't
ever recall seeing balance weights or material removed  to balance the disc.
And the throwout bearing has way to small an inertial mass to bother with.
	The reason to replace them as a unit is shear lazyness.  How would you
like to pull the transmission 10K miles after replacing the clutch disc just to
put in a new throwout bearing or pressure plate.  Seems kinda silly, hug?  So
might as well do all three and get all the knuckle bashing over with in one fell
swoop.  Or is that swell poop?
	Oh, and by the way, check the input shaft to the transmission.  I
destroyed a brand new clutch after 25K miles due to a bad input shaft.

Cheers,
Charlie
'89 Spider with second set of new clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing