RE: Alfetta motor sizes

Hi all,

John Fielding stated [among other things on this particular topic] that:
All motors had the spin-on oil filter which was fitted on the exhaust side
of the block on the timing cover (below the alternator). The dipstick was
fitted adjacent to the distributor on the opposite side.

I'm confused.  I have the 2 litre [2000 if you will - 1982 with Dell'orto
carbs] and the dipstick is definitely on the left hand sides where the
exhaust is located.  The distributor [originally a Bosch that was supposed
to be horribly expensive to rebuild and which is now a Marelli electronic]
is on the right of the motor in front of the carburettors.

Sorry - I couldn't resist having my $0.02 worth.  I don't get the
opportunity to contribute much these days.  But hay - the exchange rate is
depressed still so for most of you this is just US$0.01 after all.

John Heidemann
Brisbane Australia
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0