Alfa Milano

Good to be back on the list after a few years.......Anyway, having
just sold my V12 Jaguar I am looking at a 1988 Milano.  I have had
one of these cars before in England so remember all the things to
look for.  The description is:

   This one owner local car has been meticulously maintained and
dealer serviced it's entire life. It is a Gold Edition Milano
equipped with functional a/c, automatic transmission, fog lights,
partial  power seats, power windows, power moonroof, power mirrors,
power door locks, Panasonic detachable face am/fm cassette, good
Yokohama tires and two snows. A very clean and welt kept example.

I have seen the car and the description is accurate.  Even the check
panel is perfect!  Never seen that before :)  However, it is a 2.5
Auto (still with the self levelling rears) :(  It has 79000 miles on
it.  It is in Vancouver, BC.  The garage is asking 10,000 Canadian
for it, which is about 6,000 USD.  What are the values of these cars
like?  My sense is that this is way overpriced for an auto, but I am
more familiar with British values where it would be worth 12.5 pence!

Also, the engine bay is white, is this normal for a black car???

Any comments, thoughts appreciated.  I am keen to get back to Alfa
ownership, and this is a nice car, but I dont want to get ripped off

Cheers

Lyndon Martin

1969 MGB Roadster

(Previously owned 1997 145; 1987 Sprint; 1983 Sprint; 1982 Sud; 1987
75 etc etc) :)