Re: fuel/electrical problem with '86 Spider

If it were a Saab of similar vintage with a Bosch injection it sounds
like the fuel pump relay.  Can't help you with details but if you have a
diagram you can pull the relay and put a jumper across the slots (don't
tell anyone, but a paperclip will work).  If it then works hope that
Alfa fuel pump relays are cheaper than Saab's ($110).
Cheers,
Dennis Millward