anti-fogging action

In a message dated 11/13/2001 4:07:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I read that Jay had no success with anti-fog stuff on his helmet visor.
> I bought a 1969 Honda CB750F2 from a fella in Meath and as I was about to
> leave on my new steed in a light rain, he suggested rubbing washing-up
> liquid onto the inside of the visor on my AGV helmet to prevent fogging. It
>
> actually worked!

Those of us who are scuba divers use a couple of tricks to keep our masks
from fogging when the water's cool.  One is to rub a little bit of dish soap
(Joy, I think, is said to work best -- is this what's known as washing-up
liquid in Eire?) inside the mask and give a quick rinse in sea water; the
easier way is just to spit in the mask, rub the saliva around, and give it a
dunking before putting it on.  These methods both work.

So, just spit on your windshield and dip the Alfetta into the ocean for a
quick rinse and you're all set!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA