164 fuel hoses

> i learned last week why it's a good idea to have some
> spare rubber fuel hose handy in a 164,
> the section which connects the front to the rear
> metal fuel injection rails near the timing belt is
> quite stressed where it makes a 90 degree bend, in my case,
> there was also an electrical connector improperly rubbing
> against it, when the tube developed a small leak 3-4 gallons
> of fuel sprayed all over the engine in a minute or so.

Not being critical, but the hoses should never get to this point. Even
novices to mechanicals should look around for oddities and tell a repair
shop to inspect. Jack, I'm not pointing at you, but others can learn
from this. Those rail hoses should be inspected on a regular basis.
Replace early and repeat if necc. The hose is cheap and the job is easy.

Brad Anesi spoiled me a few years ago with the Samco silicone hoses
which still look new. Regular rubber high pressure fuel hose is just
fine. Don't be cheap, new clamps as well, use FI clamps as they don't
cut into the hose.

AlfaBill