Re: alfa-digest V8 #227 - 77 fuel pump

      Third fitting on the fuel pump is a return line from the Spica.  It is
better to run the return line back to the fuel tank.  That way the fuel pump
is not recycling hot gasoline.  Cool gasoline is better for performance.
       Do you have the AROC Spica book?

      Alfa prices have increased a bunch, it seems.  Spider brake boosters
doubled in price a couple of years ago.  Now Spica pumps appear to cost more
than Bosch.  I guess it is a case of low demand causing scarce supply and
high prices.  We may see that for all our Alfa parts.
      Hope someone can offer a suggestion.  I just bought another parts car,
which has been my solution.  It is Bosch L Jetronic, but has a strange
looking fuel pump.  That may be why it is not running.  Or that might be a
source for an alternate part.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City