Spider Undercoating Question

Alfisti,

I am doing a semi-restoration on my '76 Spider while rebuilding the
tranny. I have chipped away all of the nasty asphalt coating on the
interior of the floorboards. There are a few small rust holes I intend
to repair and then coat the whole floorpan with POR-15 or Corroless for
future rust protection. The question is, what do I use as a replacement
sound deadening material? Dynamat, 3-M rubberized undercoating, nothing,
etc? I'd rather use nothing. Does anyone have any relevant experience?
My main concern is noise, but maybe I shouldn't worry about it in a
convertible. Thanks for your input.

Jason Glover
'76 Spider