Moly boxes & Dentax

I have been under the impression that the break point between Alfa gearboxs
with the old style moly synchros and those with the newer, non-moly type
fell between the 101 and 105 models, with all 105s having the later-type
box.  Just recently, however, I was looking inside a 105 gearbox that had
moly synchros and was told that early 1600 105s (Duettos, etc) would have
had these, and require Shell Dentax, rather than modern gear lubes.  Oh,
bother.  If anyone knows with more certainty when the change took place,
I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks,
Dana Loomis