91' 164L, Blinker works, brakelight doesnt

I have a 91' 164 L and I am having problems with the brake lights.  The left
one doesnt come on and two red lights on my dash board come up.
If i hit the glove box it will fix it sometimes and the light will work
again. I was told that there are some wires down there that become loose and
need to be re-inserted.  Does anyone know exactly where they are?  Do I have
to take anything apart to get at them?  Can I see them if I just look up
under the glove box?
thanks again,
keith$