Re: Hunting idle on Verde

Interesting--have had the same problem with the GTV-6 after I changed
the idle air inlet to make the idle faster. there is obviously some
kind of reversing feedback going on here--if anyone knows the answer,
let's hear it. (two good mechanics I know didn't know the cause--they
would fiddle with idle adjustments et al and get it to stop sometimes,
but without any real knowledge of the original cause.)

--- Antonio Rosciglione <ajr666@domain.elided> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Have a problem with a hunting idle on my Verde.  Very lumpy, up and
> down and will
> eventually stall.  Idles like its a V8 with a serious performance
> cam.
>
> Base idle has been set, timing is right, cap, rotor, wires, plugs,
> and O2 sensor
> are new, AFM is in good working order. Runs fine other than the idle.
>
> Water temp sensor good.
>
> When I disconnect the throttle position sensor the problem goes away.
> Replaced the
> sensor but problem persists.
>
> Any ideas where to look next?
>
> Thanks,