spider top gap

I have just acquired a 77 spider which has a new vinyl top. The top comes up
just right but is about 1 inch away from the top of the windshield. I've tried
to pull it closer but nothing. I let it sit in the sun to heat up but that did
nothing. I don't have a top book. Does anyone knows if there is an adjustment
I can make to bring the top closer to the windshield?

Shane Murphy
77 Spider   NJ.