Milano Oil Cooler

Hi,

Well I finally did it, I put in an oil cooler. Thanks to Dave in KY
(from the 164 list) for suggesting to me which fittings I should track
down (Parker, Goodyear etc). Total cost for the lines and fitting was
$66. The headache was getting the metric-to-AN adaptor since I used the
164 oil cooler. I now have the reusable slip on hose, not your typical
soft rubber hose, more like those aeroquip socketless hose. THose hoses
are really tough to put on, my hands are all sore. ANy suggestions on
how I can slip the hose on to the fitting without fracturing my bones?
(I used oil and it didn't really help after it was 70% on).

My car seems to run cooler, engine temperature would not go past 180F
last night. I also have a manual radaitor-fan override switch inside
the car. And my heater now works after I flushed it out (full of gunk).
Bought some fittings from Home Depot and ran tap water under pressure
through the whole heater system. Should be real good for the time
trials this weekend, so I can run it at full throttle for many laps.

Next project is to add water spray infront of the oil cooler and
radiator. I will need windsheild fluid spray pump from a Honda or
something because they are powerful. Before any lapping sessions I'll
just fill up the reservoir with ice cold water 8-).

Budget projects for now, big projects will come later.

Rough estimate
Cooler matrix: $40
Hoses and fittings: $66
Sandwich adaptor with thermostat: $20

Will give more details on the oil cooler next.

Zamani
'87 Milano 3.0
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com