Shox and Stukes, I mean Springs

Hey cats,

The Koni Yellows, Sport, are still available new. I just got some
rears for the Alfetta GT. KO80-2571 from ARRicambi, 80-2571 from Koni.
Others are:

http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/KONI2000StUpdt.pdf

As everyone has been saying, these are adjustable off the car.
My mechanic tells me, for the rears at least, you can undo the bottom
part of the shock, push it up all the way to re-adjust. I took them out of the box and found two full turns went from softest to firmest.
I set them at 1/4 from the soft (1/2 turn), which is still pretty
firm, as these are the Sports. I plan put them on the front too, and
set them at 1/4 from the firm, as I understand Alfettas like to be
firmer in front.

Now a spring question. I got some rear sport springs from APE many
months ago for my 74 GTV, since my factory springs broke. The
discussion about longevity - well these ones rusted inside the coating
and snapped. Hemmingway, they are red, just like the pictures in IAP
and ARRicambi, but they make the car sit higher than stock, I think.
The front is now a tad lower than the rear. A lot of space betwix the
tire and car, too. Anyone know what these springs could be? I was
hoping I had landed a cheap set of Sport springs that would lower
my car a bit, as the catalogs say.

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA