spider backup lights

Glenn W is having trouble with the spider's backup lights not working.

How do you know, Glenn?  By this time, I will no put anything past the little
devils.  On my 71 spider, the backup lights were wired to work ONLY if the
headlights were on because -- well, who need them in the daytime?  So, try
with your lights on and see what you get.  Maybe someone had a flash to the
past during assembly and you just never noticed (how often are you behind the
car when it is in reverse during the daytime?).  On the 91 spider, I think
the backup lights work the usual way (when in reverse no matter what) but
wouldn't swear to it in a court of law without checking out first.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA