86 Spider indicator lamp problem

I'm having a problem with my car that should be trivial, but is resisting my
analysis (and might keep the car from passing inspection).  My left turn
signal indicator has recently been flashing at a much faster rate - a symptom
I usually associate with a
blown bulb, but all the bulbs test good (and prove themselves so when I swap
them with their right-side
counterparts).  Moreover, in the front assembly the *wrong bulb* is flashing:
instead of the indicator lamp, the stop
lamp bulb is flashing.  I can't find anything obviously wrong with the lamp
assembly/bucket (though of course
"obvious" to anyone else might be "mysterious" for me!)  Anywhere else I
should be looking?  I spent some time
today with the circuit diagram, but don't see anyplace where the two lamp
circuits might be crossing.

TIA,
David R. (ross@domain.elided)