Spider Convertable Top Interchangability

Given the question on top cable tension I thought I would throw my
convertable top question in also.  Are there any problems with putting a new
model year top (used from 90's spider) on a early 70's model spider?  My car
is a '73 which I got without a top.  So my installation will be without the
benifit of knowing what came off.

Thanks for the input and I'll be looking for the answer on the cable tension
too.

A.W.
1973 Spider (topless)
1974 GTV